Instinct

    There are people on this earth that annoy me. While helping the front desk person, such an individual came into our office. Without going into detail, we had issues. Unkind words were spoken by each of us, and then, she pushed my face back with her hand forcefully, after which, she stepped back. My first instinct was to punch her in the face several times. Had I been closer to her, I would have without thinking. I was very thankful for the computer and foot long ledge between us later. I then tried to compose myself. I knew that it would be best for us to physically be apart, because I was absolutely livid and could do some serious damage. I'm taller, stronger and 26 years younger then she is. I said, "I am going to my office," as I left the room. That was the most intelligent thing that could have been done. However, I was infuriated after hearing her spout off at the front desk, as I shut my door. So, after I sat down at my desk briefly, I went back, stated my case and left again, keeping a distance of about ten feet between us. I knew, for all involved, it was best to stay apart. As surly as I live and breath air, I know angels were dealing with this situation in the spirit realm, and God in His wisdom took over in light of our stupidity.
    There are studies that have shown, when people become angry, their intellect drops about fifty percent. How many rational people do you know, that would put their fist through a wall, or do some of the, entirely stupid, things people do when they are mad? This information was brought to my attention recently and I was pondering this very thing, as I drove to work that particular morning.
    So when we are enraged by what ever it is that, quite possibly we may have every right to be, happens. If you have the presence of mind to stop, just freeze and do nothing, or leave. When it's all over, thank God for NOT letting you act upon your first instinct.

0 comments:

Post a Comment