May He Forgive My Wrong Doings

   During this most holy of holidays, or rather "Holy Days", most accurately, this Christmas season, I totally messed up. I know, no one else out there has ever done so, but I did. My daughter told a family member, "You can't say that, it's one of the ten commandments".  I must have been having a stupid moment, because out of my mouth came the most preposterous thing. "That isn't one of the ten commandments, is it"? Then my husband quoted to me, "Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord Thy God in vein"? Oh yeah! I was having a totally off day and I don't know why, but then, out of my mouth came, "I guess I focus on the big ones, like, don't murder and steal". What! Really?
    As these ridiculous words came out of my mouth, a verse came to my mind, Mathew 5:19, "Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven".
    I still am baffled by my stupidity that day, but perhaps I was allowed to say those things to make myself and/or others, dig into the Bible. I am now, in the process of reading and studying the verses before and after that one. Is that verse speaking about the ten commandments? Is it going deeper? Do I need to seriously get a clue, and realize that the commandments are not simply ten in all, but rather everything God tells us to do? I don't know entirely at this point, but I know this. God is giving me a smack of some sort. I need to pay attention and learn from my stupid moment. Also, for the record, it is very important to do all the commandments and teach others to do so. They are there to benefit us and keep us safe. Just like when we tell our children not to put their hand in a fire. Our goal is for them to be safe, not for us to be in charge, or a killjoy.
   Least in the Kingdom of God, is not may goal people. To glorify God is. May He forgive my wrong doings, and teach me how to speak in a way that brings glory to Him, always.

0 comments:

Post a Comment