Here a little....there a little

Last time I was sharing about the beginning of a "God adventure." And I have one or two more stories to tell in that series :) But, today I want to share something from the "building of faith and trust in God" aspect .In the interim from accepting Christ till I left for Texas , in retrospect, I can see the hand of God in little and not so little incidents that paved the way for me to trust Him for "biggies."


One such incident taught me several things. One that He IS our provider and two that although one might think we have a corner on the religious market, God can and will speak to any of His children regardless of the sign over their door.


After the children were grown and I completed Bible College, I went back to college to get my degree in nursing. At this time, though, I was an LPN making big bucks to the tune of $5:65 an hour- Now-my memory is good but I would have never remembered that exact amount had I not happened upon an old paystub not to long ago while looking for something else-anyway-money was tight.


I was lying on the floor in prayer-my favorite prayer closet at the time, and I had laid out an electric bill on the floor. It was a shut off notice and I had no money for it. I had not said anything to anyone. While I lie there the phone rang. I got up an answered it and it was Sister Anna one of the catholic supervisors from Sacred Heart Hospital where I worked at in Cumberland-. It was my day off but she asked could I come in and talk with her. An appointment was made for the afternoon and I went, perplexed to say the least, as this had never happened before.


I sat in her office and we chatted a short while then she said-"When was praying this morning something came to my mind about you. I went and talked with Sister Mary Catherine (the administrator) and she agreed with me." Sister Anna took her finger and fished a check out from underneath the blotter on her desk. It was for the exact amount of my electric bill. I wept as I shared with her and she wept with me. It was precious on so many levels. I thanked her and left.


As the scripture says "Here a little....there a little....line upon line" God was teaching me. He is Faithful!!!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment