Space Between

     I have been married to Peter Ansorge for 16.5 years. There have been many times we were thick as thieves and times where we felt distant. Today was a restoration day. The stress of owning two homes and dealing with all of their many needs and repairs, mixed with the many stresses of just being parents, found us feeling distant. Today we were able to go out, have terrific, wonderful fun like we did as teens together. By the end of the magical time, I remembered my friend, companion, and lover. We feel inseparable. The cure was quality face time.
     How many times have I felt distant, meandering, and far away from God? During all of those times it was because I had taken away my eyes from Him and put them on my stressful circumstances. Or worse, I have looked to friends, earthly comforts, or family to soothe the weary places. These always disappoint AND push me farther from God. The only way to restore closeness is to stop leaning on other things, and look to His words and listen for His voice to move me closer. In an instant, the gap closes and I am Daddy's sweet child again.
       If you are feeling far away from loved ones or from the loving care of the Father, spend the time it takes to restore the friendship. Do not put God off for flimsy excuses. "I am so tired." "I have worked hard." "I would rather use that time to run to get a coffee." But show God how much you value him by pushing through these excuses and seeking out His face. You will not regret it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment