Musings of Gods favor (and sense of humor :)

I was having a flashback yesterday of when I first became a Christian back in the mid-70's. I laugh when I think about this-sometimes even out loud.Haha Soon afterward I was looking at a catalog that my pastors wife had from her daughter in Ft Worth-I lived in Cumberland Md. It was from a  Christian college  that Debbie-the daughter-was starting to in the fall of '75. Something in me was thrilled and I wanted to go also. But it wasn't very long that reality set in-how could I afford it #1 AND I was a single parent with 4 children. I pitched the catalog up on her counter and that was the end of that.


Several weeks later I was in the yard hanging up clothes -yeah-remember that ladies ?-haha Anyway-I literally shook my fist in the air-because all of a sudden it seemed to me that the heavens had become brass. I had been enjoying sweetly daily fellowship with God and then -wala-Nothing.


When I shook my fist-I had an mental image of me throwing the catalog on the counter. I cried-without forethought actually-"God-If you want me to go there-please send someone to see my house." Now what I said and what I meant were two different things. What I was meant was -if I'm going to Texas I would have to sell my house- but I said "see" my house. There was no for sale sign in the yard nor had I mentioned this to anyone-this was a spur of the moment thing. But God honored my request :)


As I left the clothesline and went to step upon the back porch there was a woman standing there. I asked if I could help her and she said "I am embarrassed but every time we go past this place my Mom says "I wish I could see in that house and I always just look at her and go on but today she insisted that she wanted to "see" your house. I showed them both through-neither one of us mentioned anything about a sale-they looked and then went on their merry way.


As soon as they left I immediately fell to my knees and worshiped and cried for a long time. Then I said to God "ok-what I meant was-I have to sell this house -If this is really your will please send me a buyer and thank you." The next morning-mid week sometime-I put a home made for sale sign in the window. We were 7/10's of a mile off of the main road. Saturday a man knocked on my door very early and wanted to know what the price was and then could he go get his wife and come back in a little while.


When he came back-they both wanted the place-gave me a deposit and said that if I could be out in 2 weeks they would pay cash. As the 2nd semester of college started in 4  weeks the timing was perfect. I was awestruck and beginning an adventure.


When did God plant the "I want to see this house" in that woman who is nameless to me? Was he chuckling when I finally asked the question so he play this card :) Only He knows but this story has warmed my heart on many occasions. Sometime I will share the next "event" of this adventure!



0 comments:

Post a Comment