From Here to There

"You are telling me that you have trained physicians who cannot perform a basic physical because it isn't September?" I thought I'd get a giggle, or an acknowledgement that things were at least sounding extreme, but the girl at the doctor's office went on until all I could do was make a quick exit before getting rude. In her defense who knows what all that red tape represents, all I could tell was that my son would not be seen.

We're in a weird place. We are moving to Ann Arbor and our pediatrician of 17 years has quit practicing. Finding someone to take us on took a whole day. Suggestions included driving him over to Ann Arbor and starting care there. I'm not certain how serious my son's issues are, but since they involve breathing, I'd like care here please.
My birthday always reminds me I'm moving spiritually too. Every step carries me closer to my new home. The good thing is I'll never have to change the Physician of my soul. No problems, no red tape can get between us, just my sins, and his forgiveness is my guaranteed cure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment