Awake.

     I have made a habit of listening to Christian radio in my home. It feels like opening a window and letting light in. The songs all speak of Jesus and struggles common to believers. While melodically, it is not my usual style, I cannot argue with the truth of the words. God loves me. I am wanted. I can be an overcomer. The encouragement is profound.

     The station I listen to also has one minute long devotional thoughts from respected teachers. During this time of struggle and insomnia, my ears perked up when I heard the author they got for that time slot say, "Maybe you are tired and run down from a busy schedule or lack of sleep. We need to remember that God has for us His unlimited strength. We can fail trying to lean on our sleepy weakness or soar resting on His wide awake strength."

     I knew what I needed. I bowed my head and prayed. I'm still not sleeping that well, but God is lifting me in His arms and giving me peace. I am meeting the needs of my children.

    Life is no where near perfect and mistakes are still being made. But as I learn more to rely on Him, He forgives, gives strength, and heals the damage. Damage done by not resting in Him.

   Let us all today remember to ask Him to set our feet on higher ground.


0 comments:

Post a Comment