'Otter Bread

Today is St. Zita's Day. She's my patron saint and a great example of simple faith and obedience. I found a way to celebrate her and to raise A Taste of Redwall's profile after mass. I turned my cinnamon roll recipe into monkey/otter bread. People are more interested in listening to your sales pitch if they can chew on yummy bread while they do it.
My life has been revolving around A Taste of Redwall, a fundraiser for St. Martin DePorres' Orphanage. It's involved lots of talking to people I don't know and asking them to do me favors. Such work is exhausting, but I can do it when it's for kids. Even so, I was struggling and asked a friend to tell me again why this work was so vital. She told me things I didn't know. The orphanage is home to 68 kids. Two of them are albino and in extra danger because their families consider them a curse and witch doctors exploit them for their body parts. When she told me that, I didn't need any more motivation.
Everyone has work to do for the the Lord, but that is difficult. It helps to remember that he doesn't ask you to waste your time. The Lord's work always serves a greater purpose, even when it's simple, repetitive or awkward. Keep going until you reach "Well done, good and faithful servant."


0 comments:

Post a Comment