Anchor



Anchor. The thing that holds a boat in place - keeps it from drifting too far.  

Where is my life drifting?

Foundation.  The thing you build something else on.

Where are my roots?

Support.  The thing that keeps something up.  

What keeps me from falling apart?


When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.*


When you come away from Easter thinking that "I need a resurrection" maybe, just maybe, the anchor isn't in the right place.  Maybe the foundation is cracked.  Maybe the support is shaky.

But Christ is consistent. 


His oath, His covenant, His blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay. *


Jesus, we cry out to you to be our foundation, our support, our anchor in the many parts of our lives.  We need you to remind us that you offer us a future with hope and your ancient paths are the true ways to walk.  Holy Spirit, breathe peace, wisdom, and the Abundant Life into our souls in need of resurrection.  Amen.


On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.
*


("The Solid Rock"/Edward Mote)

0 comments:

Post a Comment