It's Wonderful, Sweetie!



        


     I am a mom. For those of you that are new to the blog, I will tell you I have a 9 year old boy, a 6 year old girl, and a 3 year old girl. The girls LOVE to color. They love the most to take paper out of my printer and color their own pictures. One day my 6 year old, Sarah, got it in her head to make a family rainbow. She wanted to put five rainbows together in a circle and make it our logo, or rather crest. At the same time, my three year old Ellanor made a picture of what I call potato people. There were five circles with faces and strait out of the circle faces were arms and legs with hands and feet. At the top of the heads, were flat halos of hair. The pictures were, to me, amazing. To someone that didn’t love the girls like I do, they were silly scribbles. I encouraged them and told them it was lovely because of two reasons. 1) The pictures are lovely. 2) If I critiqued and taught them about famous artists in history, they’d loose their love of coloring.
          That night my Bible study came to my house and we talked about worshiping God. That is always a sticky subject to people from different backgrounds. I turned in my seat to see the family crest on our wall and smiled. I waited for a pause and said, “It is like this wall filled with doodles. This is the BEST work my girls can produce and I love it. I know that God is like that. If we are giving our best effort to spread His truths and tell Him He is our Great God, He will love it like I love this artwork here.”
          Everyone on the room heard and understood. We cannot make anything that is on the level of praise that God receives from angels in Heaven, but our heartfelt praise is His favorite noise. He hears our hearts in our voices and He is pleased even if it is off key and loud. Today while you are going about the business of life, turn on some Christian music or open a hymnal, throw back your head, and sing from your heart. God will hear and He I like to think He says to us in our hearts what I said to my girls, “I love it. It’s wonderful.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment