A Night To Remember

 
 After over a year of writing, arranging, rehearsing, and recording we finally had our big night. The stage was set with instruments and beautiful trees with white lights. A screen on the left. A screen on the right. Videos had been filmed, edited, and downloaded.  With the final rehearsals completed, we prepared ourselves for the show. Clothes pressed. Hair done. Make up applied.
   People started coming in 45 minutes before the doors were even supposed to open. Family. Friends. Co-workers. Church members. People who we haven't seen in years.
   Five minutes before showtime, we took to the stage, put our monitors into our ears, picked up our instruments and awaited the final countdown. Deep breath. Curtains up! Music starts. Crowd cheers.... It was surreal.
   Then came the moment I had been hoping and praying for since October of 2012. The final moments would find the center screen lowering to display the music video for the song I wrote. I exited the stage and found an aisle where I could sit on the stairs. As "Little Girl Lost" started playing, my daughter who was the reason I had written it in the first place, came and sat beside me and put her head on my shoulder.
   That moment made it a night I will never forget!

http://www.longingforeden.com/video/

0 comments:

Post a Comment