April Fools!!! Haha!

    I am not usually one to play practical jokes, but yesterday I decided to play one on my daughter this morning. I set my alarm at the normal time, oh dark thirty, also known as six a.m. Side note, I think that is way too early to get children out of bed for school. It's cruel and unusual punishment I tell ya!! Any who, our normal routine is that I call "Sarah" from the bottom of the half turn staircase until I hear a groan that tells me she is awake. Then she slowly comes down the steps a few minutes after that. It's a half turn stair case, I'm not a morning person, did I mention six a.m., at that point I'm not fully awake. So, I call from the safe bottom of the steps because I like living, & don't want to die falling down the steps, thank you very much.
    This morning I was fully awake. I bounded up the steps, turned on her light and yelled, "get up, get up!" "You have like ten minutes to get dressed and get to school." Sarah grabbed the covers, pulled them over her head and said, "that's your problem, you woke me up late, I'm tired, go away!" Not the response I was expecting but probably what I would have done too. I continued, "wake up, wake up!" "You have to get ready!" She said, "I am too tired for this". "Come on Sarah, you only have like ten minutes, lets GO"! She said, "Please tell me you are joking." I caved, "yes, April Fools Sarah"! At that point she said, "GO AWAY, and turn OFF the light"! Normally I would have punished her for talking to me like that, but it was morning and I did play a joke on her that fussed her up.
    As I was returning from taking Sarah to school, which is literally a stones throw away. I thought, I wonder if God ever tries to tease us and we take it the wrong way? I mean, the almighty does have a sense of humor. We are made in His likeness and image, and in essence, have all His attributes. Why don't I ever joke and play with Him? Probably because He wouldn't be fooled, like ever. However, I'm sure He likes a good joke. He did make the T-rex. I mean, big mouth & body, tiny little arms, ha! So now, I'm going to joke & have laughs with God. Why not, I'm sure He keeps me around for comic relief, why else would He have made such a conundrum as I.

0 comments:

Post a Comment