Enjoy the time you have!

    The weekend before Easter, my sister texted me that mom had gone to the hospital, then home, she was sick with the flu. Then it was scar tissue, then she was taken by ambulance to the hospital after collapsing. That all started on Thursday. I found out Saturday how ill mom truly was. I was suppose to sing Sunday for a very special service with four churches present. I asked God, "Am I suppose to go, or stay and sing, what is going on"? He spoke to me and said, "Stay and sing tomorrow, go next weekend as you had planned with your sister, you will be of help then." I cried, "will I get to see my mom at least one more time before you take her to heaven?" He laughingly said, "Yes, many more times." A huge sigh of relief waved over me as I calmed down instantly. I needed to hear that from God's mouth, in just that way. I did as God told me. They finally found the problem, did the necessary surgery Saturday, then another one Sunday and mom's life was miraculously saved.
    That Sunday night, about 10:00 p.m. I was drained. Our dog, Scooby-Doo, had to go outside to potty. The day before, he had run away to scout out the neighborhood, since it was now Spring. I didn't shut the door as I got another text. I was half asleep & ready to go to bed after answering another text when Paul asked, "Is Scooby outside?" I was like, oh crap, yeah! He went to potty a little bit ago. We called, no Scooby. I drove all over MacDale then home, no Scooby-Doo. I went out yet again, half exhausted & now worried, looking all over MacDale and nearby places calling for Scooby until I barely had a voice, still no Scooby. The next morning Paul took Sarah to school and then looked for Scooby in the car, no Scooby. I got into my car about 9:00 a.m. with two towels ready for dirt or blood. I prayed, "God please let me know where Scooby is, even if he is dead." I pulled out of our driveway, looked over and saw a tan patch of fur. I drove over, backed into the neighbors drive, saw them and said, "I think that is my dog." They said, "we took the collar off to call the tag number to see if we could find the owners." "I am so sorry. It was hit just before the kids came out to get the bus and I asked my husband to pick the dog up and take it to the yard so it wouldn't be mangled by other cars." Tears started streaming down my cheeks as I thanked them for their kindness. The gentleman put Scooby in the towel and on the car seat for me as I thanked him again.
    When Sarah came home from school, we told her. She screamed, cried, wailed and asked WHY, over and over. We buried him in the back yard and had a little service for him. Sarah was so upset that she threw up half the night. Her stomach was still a mess the next morning, so she didn't go to school. Scooby was like a brother to her since she has no siblings that are being raised in our home.
    That weekend epitomized what Paul had just told Sarah the day before all this started. Enjoy the time you have with others, because you never know when they won't be here with you.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1-4 To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven:
A time to be born, And a time to die; A time to plant, And a time to pluck what is planted; A time to kill, And a time to heal; A time to break down, And a time to build up; A time to weep, And a time to laugh; A time to mourn, And a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, And a time to gather stones; A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing;
    Thank you God for sparing my mom, and giving us seven years with Scooby-Doo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment