The System is Down.

     Ok, all of you Strongbad fans out there will be singing that all day long. (Strongbad)  All my adult life I've been looking for that amazing system that will organize my brain and help me be more "On It." For that first part of my adult life this meant almost no discernible system other than, "I wish I could get stuff done. That'd be nice." Then I started to get serious about folders.  OH then there was the three by five cards. And then I'd just start comparing myself to other people. I'd think, "She works full time for a check AND has kids. Her floors are always clean. sigh." On and on until I just totally and completely gave up on doing much of anything than just survive. We'll call those the stinky years.
     Then I just started to pray. (Duh. Right? took long enough.) I prayed about what God would have me do. That He would direct my steps. That He would show me if I should do laundry or grocery shop. Ya, I got that confused. Something amazing happened. He showed up and all of a sudden, I just knew how to spend my day. When Mrs. ReallyWellMeaning called and said, "We need a snack co-ordinator and nursery worker" I prayed harder! I was astounded when I just knew what I could say "yes" to and what I could say "no" to. The stress of wanting to say "yes" to everything and then losing my mind, just melted away. AND Mrs. ReallyWellMeaning found other people with better gifting to do the job I said "no" to--BECAUSE I was not the one meant to do it.
     OH and I absolutely HAD to take my eyes off of all the others around me. I do not have their gifts and they do not have mine. I cannot live their lives and they cannot live mine.
     God wants us to be useful. He wants us to help others. He wants to infuse us with wisdom, discernment, and systems that are tailor made just for us. I do have a system in place that He gave me and works for me. I finally feel like I can get it done. Thanks be to God on High for His grace and healing in this area.
     If you feel swamped and lonely and like your System is Down, please, look up to Jesus and pray to the one who made you to show you what He would have you do today. And then simply listen and obey. He will direct your paths.

0 comments:

Post a Comment