Sometimes love is closed door

Please forgive me for the refrence to the super cheesy song.  My children have enjoyed the lastest craze and have reenacted the scenes over and over.  One song they have skipped over in their memorization is "Love is an open door".   In my last post, I talked a bit about doors flung open hard.  Opened by a God who deeply loves.  There are so many times in our lives when we realize that we cannot ignore the doors that he opens for us.  They are blatant and obvious at times, while other times we may not even be sure if they are open.  Maybe just a crack, should we decide to peek in.  Today, however, I would like to talk about the closed door.  My husband and I began praying along side some amazing ministry partners many years ago.  Something the man said struck me.  He asked God to only open the doors he wanted us to go through. And, Lord, please only one door at a time.  We may not have the clarity and insight needed to discern and choose which door he wants for us.  Oh, how I have prayed this prayer in so many areas of our lives since those precious days.  Sometimes all we hope for is an open door.  Whether  it is a new journey to persue, or a way in which wew should respond to a situation.  Lord, please, an open door.  But, sometimes that very door is shut.  Quietly closed, or slammed hard and locked.  God knows.  He knows the plans he has for you.  He knows the journey you are on.  Where you need to get to for the next step, the next opportunity, the next heart to touch.  So, sometimes the door is shut.  Sometimes, love is a closed door.

0 comments:

Post a Comment