Tea-nager



Image from: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fc/Meissen-teacup_pinkrose01.jpg

Tea-nager
“Aren’t you going to drink your tea?”
Looks with longing at sister’s cup
Sister: “I’m letting it cool.  No, you can’t have it!”
Touches cup with one finger. “It looks ready.”
Sister: Reaches out a sock-foot and touches cup
“There.  Now you won’t want it. Get your own!”
“Ew. That’s disgusting!”
“Ha ha, but it’s Mine!”
Mom: “Why don’t you go make yourself a cup?”
“Sigh.” Doesn’t make any move to do so.
This same daughter, who does NOT like to make her own tea,
And usually takes mine whenever I have it in sight,
Brought me a cup, made by herself, without me asking
Last week when I was sick in bed with a bad cold
Love is thoughtful beyond Habits
Kindness doesn’t even think about the Unusual
It just IS, and DOES, while its giver Sparkles
And I am grateful for a daughter’s unselfish heart
That’s my cup of tea!

0 comments:

Post a Comment