Scooby's Winter Woes

    Our little dog Scooby-Doo has had a rough winter. His short little legs have not kept him out of the high snow. At times, I wonder how he can see. He has to go out side to do his business. He's had much difficulty finding a cleared place to relieve himself, after the many snows we have had. You should see him as he whirls around and around, as if making a snow potty instead of an angel.
    As I listened to the weather forecast calling for temperatures of below zero, I told my husband that we needed to get Scooby-Doo a winter jacket and boots. He fussed and said, "he has a fur coat. If we get him a jacket and boots, he will be warm and run all over the neighborhood." I protested and said, "it's suppose to be below zero! If I wrapped him up head to tail, he won't want to stay out in that." I decided firmly that my little doggie was at least having a winter jacket, along with the fluffy one God gave him. So I bought him a jacket, he looks dashing.
    One morning it was 18 degrees below zero, crazy cold. I opened the door for Scooby to go potty. He ran out, about two feet, stopped, tail tucked firmly between his legs, then backtracked into the house very quickly, not even bothering to turn around. He looked at me as if to say, "Eek! I don't have to go that badly. Nope!" Then came the sad puppy eyes and front paws upon my leg while standing on his back paws. "Put my jacket on, pretty please?" I had forgotten his jacket. I strapped it on and off he trotted. Looking more like a prancing pony, then a dog. He was very quick, as the legs holding him shivered so violently I thought he would fall. Scooby ran in quickly and didn't care about having his jacket promptly removed this time. He plopped himself right in front of the gas heater. Then looked back at me as if to say, ahh! I'm good now. He is fine with his jacket on cold days and he doesn't mind not having boots too.
Proverbs 12:20 A righteous man regards the life of his animal,
But the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment