A Request, Then A, Oh?!

This winter has been a hard one, we all can agree,
my request to the almighty, this is my plea.
Lord, please let the snow and cold end now,
I am utterly tired, of saying owe.
I ache to see the sun, on a permanent basis,
this request has merited, upon these cases.
My joints ache from shoveling the heavy snow,
and the ache from the cold, I have come to know.
Oh end this madness, Lord my God,
I must dance in sunlight, even if others think me odd.
I lay this request before Your feet,
for I know that my needs, You always meet.
You are the one who designed the winds,
the waves and the snow, You choose when to rescind.
You have a plan for this weather, I know not of,
the snow, wind, ice, and the sky above.
Alas, I resign my hearts desires, to You alone,
For You plan every detail, even as I groan.
Oh my Lord, perhaps there is one thing You desire for me,
not to deal with bugs this summer, to a large degree?!
Now that's what I'm talking about, Almighty God!
I totally get it now, yes, I know I'm still odd.
I'm good with the cold, the snow and sleet,
As long as those menacing critters, permanently retreat.

May The almighty God, do as He so chooses
 and may we delight in Him, no matter what.


0 comments:

Post a Comment