Celebrating Love

I am sitting at the kitchen table waiting for my husband to come home.  I miss him, even though he has only been in Cumberland for the day.  (Don't laugh, Jeanne!  I really do miss him!)  As strange as it sounds, it seems as though I can literally feel the physical distance between us when he is away, even for the day.  I can't help it; I'm in love with my husband.  
Last week was the first time since we married that we had to be apart overnight, and I began to truly understand the heart of my Mother, who sighs and says, "I miss your Father!" any time that she is away from him for any length of time.  Although he doesn't verbalize it the same way my Mother does, I have also witnessed my Father expressing the same sentiment.  My parents have been married for almost 48 years, and they still long for one another when they are apart.  I am so blessed to have such a godly example of marital love!  It is my aspiration to follow their example, and inspire others as well.     

0 comments:

Post a Comment