A Choice for Life

I was married at barely 20. Then divorced 2 years later.
I was single, young & attractive. A month later, I was pregnant.
The father told me to have an abortion. I forcefully said,
I will not stand before a Holy God one day and say,
I killed your creation because it was inconvenient at the time.
I decided to give this child a mother and father that had both
the means and maturity, to give them, what they needed.
I simply knew, adoption was the best situation for both of us.

By law, a birth-mother cannot sign papers until 72 hours
after the birth of their child. This imperative fact was not told to me,
until after the birth. I was without a child car seat, any baby clothes
or diapers. Also, my hormones, stress & emotions were intense.
As far as I knew, he was to go home with his adoptive parents.
Because I had an emergency Cesarean section, I stayed in the hospital
For two and a half days. Otherwise I would have had to take my son
home, or, I would have been charged with abandonment.
This was one of several situations, God resolved ahead of time.
I signed the papers, just ink & paper. Then afterwards, 
I gave my first born son to his joy filled adoptive parents,
then looked at my own, now empty lap, my heart sunk. 
It was the most difficult thing I've ever done, but it was best for him. 

1 comments:

#ChurchCrimes

February 8, 2013 at 6:27 AM
Permalink this comment

1

said...

Sonya I love this. What a brave woman and mommy you are. Much love to you!

Post a Comment