Unpacking

      I have moved many times in my past.  As a child and as a grown up, I faced the hurt of leaving "home" and starting over again.  In every town I left, I put all of the good and bad in a box in my mind, labeled it by city and shut the lid with packing tape.  One of the towns I left was Lafayette, Indiana.  In that city a bunch of nasty hurts went down.  I packed up my box marked it NEVER AGAIN, and left.
     Fast forward 10 years to 2010.  My husband Pete was really really hurt in his job in Battle Creek, Michigan.  We started to save all of those head-hunter fliers and letters that came in the mail daily.  North Dakota and Canada went right in the trash, but beyond that we were open.  Tennessee would've been nice.  Then IT came in the mail.  The horrible letter from IU Health Arnett in Lafayette, Indiana. Their recruiting department had noticed that Pete was an IU medical school graduate and would he like to come work for us here?  I went right to the trash can.  God stopped me and said, "It is not your career."  Great.
   Peter applied, he interviewed, he loved it, I am now living in a nice house on the North side.  Now I had to go into my mental closet with Jesus.  Tenderly and gently He helped me open the box, that was leaking all over the place mind you, and together we faced the profound hurt.  I contacted the people involved and am working it through with them.  This is painful, but I can truly say that I am a better person for it.
     Sometimes God moves us in strait lines across a clear path, but this time it was a circular path that brought healing.  Go over those leaking boxes in your mind and open them with God's help.  I promise that it will make you stronger and better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment