Strength

There have been moments in my life where I felt I was in over my head. Although I had a master's degree in school administration, I was not expecting to become a school principal at the age of 24 with only four years of experience as a middle school teacher. I wondered how my teachers would feel to have their boss be so much younger than they were. Similarly, I kept turning down requests to direct the adult choir at church because I did not feel I had the professional training to take on such a task. I just wanted to continue singing alto in the choir. When I did accept these responsibilities, it forced me to my knees. I prayed that the Lord would strengthen me and give me the wisdom I so desperately needed. As Paul said, "when I am weak, then I am strong." I am so grateful that the Lord puts me in these situations where I am keenly aware of my dependence on Him. What a blessed promise is given in Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

0 comments:

Post a Comment