Passion



She asked, “What is your passion?”  
Turning focus.
Twisting edges.
Lazy spots.
Obsessions.   
Passion: 
a (1) : emotion <his ruling passion is greed>
(2) plural : the emotions as distinguished from reason
b : intense, driving, or overmastering feeling or conviction
(3)a : ardent affection : love
b : a strong liking or desire for or devotion to some activity, object, or concept
c : an object of desire or deep interest
To pray more.
To pray for others.
Read the Bible.
Tell it to others.
Hear from God.
          Do what it is that He says.

He told me to help she who had asked.  He told me to be involved.  He told me to step away from hiding.  He told me I was an unused resource.  He said I could do much much much more.

I want to run away.  I like my me time.  I like …… the contradiction of wanting to be useful, but not wanting to work hard.  I like to not be hurt from exposing my soul.  I like the padding that had come from the predictable.  I like not making mistakes anymore by not trying.

Fix me God.

Fix my passion.

Open my heart to service.

Open my heart to your flock.

1 comments:

Eloise Delinski

February 2, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Permalink this comment

1

said...

Oh, Karen, you have described the state of my soul. Even as I approach the end of my career of teaching...I fear that I am an underused resource...maybe even an unused resource in the kingdom. I am praying that God will show me what He has for me in Lafayette.

Post a Comment