Thankful for so many things,this being just a few...

I can remember way back when I was in elementary school and at lunch time we all had to fold our hands and say
 “Thank you for the world so sweet-Thank you for the food we eat -               
   Thank you for the birds that sing-Thank you God for everything”


My how times have changed. I do respect the fact that there are those that believe differently than myself. And one size does not fit all.  I try to live my christian life in such a way as to “let my light shine” but also to be sensitive and not be “in your face” with my beliefs. I have absolutely no problem with others who do not believe as I do or have a different lifestyle, we work together, worship together and share together and we disagree-agreeably. But what I really dislike is others of different persuasions and lifestyles trying to use politics or force or whatever the vehicle in an attempt to force their way of thinking on others. Or those that don’t believe at all believe they have the right to the public arena but I dare not celebrate my beliefs in public.

The world being created by such is trying to shape others into a mold of their choosing.BUT this way of thinking does not win!!!

 I still thank God for this world, and for my food, and for the birds that sing and I thank him for everything. I heard on Mission network news the other day that in spite of all that is going on that muslims are turning to Jesus at the rate of 1000 per day. Also, I remembered this morning of a precious Jewish lady that was dying. I visited her multiple times over those few weeks and one day she said to me in a hushed voice”Come here into the front room with me.” She stretched out  on the couch and said to me-“Look right there” and she pointed to a spot in front of the fireplace-“Do you see anything.” I told her-No-not really. She replied to me “Yesterday I saw Jesus standing there-and he’s still there-he must be real isn’t he?” This led to a conversation of “Yes-He is very real and if you want to you can  ask him to come live in your heart and he will” and I witnessed a staunch Jewish lady relax with only the peace that God himself brings.

These are mere tidbits-The moral of the story is this : The gospel of the Kingdom WILL be preached in all the world. The gates of hell SHALL not prevail AND as the times grow darker the light shines brighter, the darkness Cannot snuff out the light and HIS glory shall FILL all the earth as the waters cover the sea!

I am exceedingly thankful!!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment