Living and dying Grace

It is said of Sir Thomas Aquinas that he was in prison for his faith and knew he was going to be burned at the stake. His worse fear was that during his dying he would not bring glory to God. Each night as he would sit by candlelight in his cell  he would stick his finger in the flame trying to get used to it but was never able to keep his finger in the fire more than a few seconds.One night as he was again attempting this ritual he heard the voice of God exclaim to him "Sir Thomas, you will not get dying grace until it is time to die."It is recorded in history that Sir Thomas died while singing and praising God as loud as he could."

I already had this draft started when this week Ann Vosskamps blog shared the same thought- That there is also living grace-grace for whatever situation we find ourselves in.Many times I rush in where angels fear to tread instead of asking for grace  in the matter--and HIM to be Lord of the situation.

Sometimes I think I will NEVER learn and then all of a sudden I do remember to ask and am so blessed at His enablement (Grace). Today I am asking for "remembering grace" --that I will remember to ask for grace and bring Him into the situation  (whatever the scenario) before  I mess things up and folks see my weakness instead of His character!

0 comments:

Post a Comment