Extra Of Everything, When I Run Out

     This week has been interesting. My husband Paul had gone to Florida, to take some bulky items to our other home there. On his way back, he picked up the minivan we purchased from my sister. Our final payment was there before Paul arrived. I wasn't near the post office to mail it, till later & I didn't know if it would arrive before Paul, thankfully it did. So, with a plane trip, minivan payment and still working on our home remodel in West Virginia, we were a bit tight on funds. We have some extra money put back over time for this, we call our stash. Lets just say it has significantly dwindled. This is not totally foreign to us, but we usually have resources over and above necessity.
    Like most people I really don't like these times, but I've come to realize, it's just life. Sometimes we have plenty extra of everything and we are generous with that extra when we have it. In those times, we put back a bit for when we don't have extra. I don't want to rely on what I have put back and hold on to it like a life raft, and I don't want to freak out when things are tight. So I have learned to enjoy the plenty and do with what I have, in the less. Like the Apostle Paul said in Philippians 4:12 & 13, "I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength." What is the secret? Rely on God for everything and realize He has my back no matter what.
    During this week of less, my husband was given a fuse for our new-to-us minivan, by simply asking if a clerk had one in stock. An unknown man overheard there was none in stock, and said to Paul, "Here, I got this for my van but it doesn't fit, take it, maybe it will fit yours." It fit! I used the last of the paper towels and instead of going to the store and spending a whole dollar-ish, which I had, I thought I would wait till the weekend when I buy groceries. My bosses wife said to me, CVS has free paper towels next door with your coupon card. So, I walked over and got some, free of charge, yay! I went to the store to get my beloved mineral water and found it on sale, while salad was only $.69, which we love, and had just finished up.
    So, I think my heavenly Father has my back, even when I need napkins, because he gave me those too. Yes, paper products are on my list of groceries this week. I'm just glad God has extra of everything, when I run out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment