Binding

 

   Every week when I sit down to write, I contemplate what I should write about. I try to think of happy little nuggets that will bring smiles to every reader's face. I always end up coming back to simply writing the real deal....whatever I may be going through at that moment. And sometimes ....it ain't pretty.
  Last week I unintentionally hit a nerve with lots of folks when I wrote about feeling like I have failed my kids. I wasn't looking for pity or trying to drum up support. I was just putting my thoughts out there about what was going on in the "real" part of my life. You know, the part that not everyone sees when they look at me. The part that struggles. The part that battles and yes, sometimes gives in to discouraging thoughts. The part of me that is flawed. Human. Still in process of being transformed. The part of me that mirrors the thoughts that a lot of you out there have concerning our want to fix everything... and being frustrated when we can't just wave the magic wand and have life go the way we think it should.
  I was overwhelmed at the responses I received. My phone, email, text messages, and Facebook feed literally blew up. I couldn't keep up with it all, and it took me a few days to catch up. The thing that amazed me the most was the encouragement that poured out like a soothing ointment. People who I have never even met wrote to me about their own journeys with parenthood. We swapped horror stories. Then we swapped scriptures. Encouraging each other to keep on keeping on. Pledging to hold each other up when one of us feels like we can't take another step. Binding up those places that need supported while waiting for God to move. Being the body of Christ in loving action.
  To every one of you who spoke life over me and reminded me what the truth is...... Thanks. I needed that.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment