Looking forward

  In mid September our band had a photo session. This is one of the results. I remember being so sick that I sat down between every shot.... on that couch, on a stump, on the ground. When I look at this picture I can't help but think about the storm that was brewing, and my health crisis was just the beginning.
  My brother in law (far right) received a phone call 2 weeks after this photo that his father was heading for the ER. An infection in his leg quickly took over and he was gone. Just like that. Two days later my husband (far left) got the 2 AM phone call that his uncle had lost his battle with cancer. The couple (standing in the back) had been helping a young woman who was in addiction recovery when she abruptly disappeared leaving her 2 children with them and then tried to press kidnapping charges weeks later. My own father had a sudden urgent health issue and was hospitalized, and today my husband's mom had a quadruple bypass surgery.
  I don't know why all of this hit at once, but I do know that God was in the midst of it all. We stuck together, supporting each other, praying for each other, hanging out in hospital rooms, attending funerals, listening to each other, encouraging each other, and tending to each other's practical needs. You see we are not just a music group.....we are friends. We are family. And we are looking forward to walking together wherever God opens the doors to touch others with His love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment