Vitamins or Not?

    I take vitamins. My past logic has been, if one is good, then 5 is better. Well, that logic has gotten me into to trouble many times. So, I have revised my actions to only increasing slowly and one at a time. My husband thinks I take entirely too many vitamins. So, to test his hypothesis, I stopped taking all but calcium/magnesium, for my heart & wrestles legs syndrome, and CLA to help me loose weight. At first I was fine. Then I started having issues. My heart raced, I was tired, I was grinding my teeth and I just felt like total crap. So, instead of taking everything again, I took a few I thought would help. I talked to my boss, who happens to be a doctor, and asked if my thyroid could make my heart race & zap my energy. He said yes, but I already knew the answer would be yes. He also said it is good not to take away vitamins all at once or introduce a lot of them at the same time without a doctors direction. O.K. that would have been good information to have last week! Thank you husband Paul!
    If I take something I don't need, I am wasting money or causing a reaction I may not want. If I need something I am not taking, my health is not as excellent. Wouldn't it be nice to go straight to an all knowing source to ask, "What do I need to take?" Well, ya can. I just forget God told me to ask Him, or I think He won't answer. Sometimes He answers by telling me through and article, or a friend that has a problem I am researching for them, but it helps me too. Sometimes God gives me a craving for a particular food I need to eat. Other times, I go to a doctor that tells me, "Take this or do that." God uses all kinds of methods to direct us to what we need. So, should I take vitamins or not? I'm asking God this time. He is the only physician that knows all.
    Mathew 7:7-11 Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened unto you: For every one that asks receives; and he that seeks finds; and to him that knocks it shall be opened. Or what man is there of you, whom if his son asks for bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

0 comments:

Post a Comment