I wonder?????

Sometimes I engage in mind numbing activity that takes no thought at all! Like getting into my car and roaming the countryside for miles far and wide, or dreaming of moving to a place that would exude with beauty and infuse me with a sense of wonder and delight. Or fancying wandering the isle of an antique store to discover a rare find...a beauty in and of itself. Or better yet, thinking of all the people who owe me money, and they all of a sudden decided to repay me!   I muse and drift....fearing that if I THINK I may want to curse the mundane in which I live, and try to tell God I am R-E-A-D-Y now for the adventure!

 But then I contemplated ....What if I awakened and really embraced today? Could I be grateful that today while eating lunch a young lady approached me and just needed to chat? Could I be filled with thanksgiving knowing that I had given good care to a patient who had gone home months ago, but had recently died,  and his wife called my job and asked if someone would please let me know because, "She cared for the whole family, even the dog, and we just wanted her to know?"  
 
Or, what about the gift of Sweetie. The dog that showed up on the porch, even after I said I would never own another dog, after the passing of mine two years ago. Last night I was feeling so estranged and alone. I sat down at the computer about five feet from where Sweetie was sitting on the love seat. She jumped down. I heard a scuffling. She tugged and pulled until she got the afghan off the cushion and drug it on the floor positioning it next to me, as if she understood my feelings. She then went and got her bone and ball and brought them to her newly made pallet by my side...content!  I then realized that each day does have its gifts and treasures. Sometimes they come in small drops, other times a cup full, or sometimes even basketfuls! The important thing, however, is to be aware enough that you can embrace them....and give thanks!
Thank you Lord!

0 comments:

Post a Comment