The High Bar.

The High Bar has been set.
Straining.
Stretching.
Reaching and jumping.

I miss.

Dejected I hang my head and in that instant, I hear a man behind me clear His throat.  He taps me on the shoulder.

I turn to see Jesus with intertwined fingers outstretched in the "Need a leg up?" position.

I put my foot in nail-scarred hands.  I grab a whip-marked shoulder.  "Are you ready?"  He asks.

I nod like a child.

He launches me into the air with such force I start to fly. The bar was never really there to start. I flail, spin, twist and just when I think I am about to lose it, He is there.

He straightens my legs, positions my head, opens my arms.

We fly together on a trip I never imagined.  Following, learning, hearing and seeing as Jesus teaches me to fly.

There are others around me together on a trip started with a step of faith.

"Where are we going?"

He points up, Up, UP!

Then I hear the Laugh and see the Outstretched arms of Father God Himself.

We are on a journey Home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment