Broken Bits

A common movie device fast forwards through a timeline of the protagonist's trials, disasters, and failures.  It doesn't slow down until the current moment.  Our hero or heroine has just enough strength left to brew a pot of coffee.  They pour themselves a cup full of the promise of fresh energy and innocent addiction.  They are ready to set aside the past and to take up a new future.
That's me at the moment, though I'll never understand coffee drinking.  Imagine a teacup in my hand as I realize some messes can't be fixed, that all I can do is go on, and that to go on is a victory in itself.  It's my broken parts that are the most compassionate, the most patient and the most kind.  What I really need is more broken bits not less.  That is a hard thing to accept, let alone desire, but here I sit, teacup in hand.

0 comments:

Post a Comment