Woe is Me, No, I am Blessed

My toes become numb, several times a day, I have pain in my leg, I most likely broke my toe and my tailbone. I did not have another car accident, really. My tailbone still hurts due to my riding lawn mower, landing upon it last May. I smashed my foot into my kitchen cabinet, while running, and not paying enough attention to the strange configuration of my, new to me, Florida home. Then I sat in a chair for a long while twisted up in a strange position. This so as not to cause further pain to my tailbone. However, this caused damage to my leg muscles in some fashion. So I say "Woe is me". Then, as I ponder on a broader spectrum, and consider the entirety of my circumstances, this comes to my attention.
    I have a great deal of things, to be thankful for. I have a husband that can take me to the doctors office. A doctor that is not charging us for services, because my husband fixed items for this doctor a long while back, and did not charge him. I don't need child care or transportation for my child to and from school. My child is old enough to stay home by herself and is cyber-schooled. I am not in the mountians of snow, as many in the north currently are. I really feel for them, I do. With all of those blessings, do I even have the right to think, "Woe is me"? Probably not. Instead I will say, "I am blessed". God had gifted me with many blessings. It is difficult to count them, and then say that horibly untrue phrase. "Woe is me". No, "I am blessed"!

0 comments:

Post a Comment