Page 2.... as Paul Harvey would say

So.......moving right along :) I moved back to Texas the first of June that year and Robert and I spent the summer getting to know each other better. We talked with our  Pastor there, who was also the President of the bible school re: getting married. He counseled us and prayed with us and gave us his approval. We were married the beginning of September and started our life together.


We had great fun together going to flea markets and antique stores morphing his bachelors pad into our home. Robert developed a taste of owning primitive antiques and as that was my love as well we enjoyed our time of looking, sometimes buying, learning to refinish and restore and life went on.


Over the next months we continued to live life together as we allowed God to work out the kinks. Then there was a major downfall of the Pastor at our church. This was devastating especially to Robert. During the 1st year of school he had made the decision to move to Ft Worth so he gave up his apartment and bought this home. This decision was mainly because he loved the church there and what God was doing through his people. And then there was a split...sheep scattered....things changed. We had been married just a year when this occurred.


Robert and I began to "church hop" looking for a new church home. One of the places we visited was a small church which had a woman Pastor and Robert really liked several aspects and decided that this is where he would like to call home. As I dearly loved Robert it was ok with me. Quite a change from where we had worshipped but....moving right along.


After we had been there several weeks the Pastor gave us a membership application. I had no clue that this was the beginning of the end for me. We filled them out and turned them in and that was that.


Several weeks later Robert changed-Drastically. He became morose, would not talk to me nor tell me what was wrong even though I pleaded with him. He moved into the other bedroom. I was at my wits end and then he came home from work one day and told me I had to leave. Nothing I said could persuade him to change his mind. I begged him to at least tell me what was wrong as I am beginning to pack and informed him I would NOT leave until he talked to me. I cannot describe the pain I felt-I could barely navigate.


He told me the Pastor had called him and asked him to come in for a meeting. And in that meeting she pulled out our membership applications and pointed out that I had been married before I married him. She proceeded to tell him that if he stayed married to me that we would both go to hell. She believed that since I had been divorced there was no way that I should ever re-marry. She knew none of the circumstance of the divorce nor did she bother ask. Robert believed her. HE.   BELIEVED. HER.


I reminded him of our supernatural encounter on the bridge and what God had said to  me....I reminded him that he was convinced God had told him to marry me...I reminded him that we submitted ourselves to the Pastor and he gave his approval. Nothing penetrated.


I left. Driving across country I could only drive for a couple of hours then I would get a motel and lay in a fetal position and cry till I could not cry any more. Life was bleak-I no longer had Robert and I felt like God had set me up.I was extremely hurt and angry at both of them. I had no where to turn.


To be continued.......

0 comments:

Post a Comment