It's a dangerous business, Christine, going in your door.

I work with a group of homeschool moms to create quality history-focused experiences for our kids. Choosing and preparing the literature portion of the day is my job. I laid out twenty authors, and we are nearing the end. Second-to-last is The Interior Castle by St. Teresa of Avila. I have already enjoyed her autobiography and a good modern biography, so I knew this was going to be a soul-stirring business.

I wasn't prepared for the evangelistic tone of Teresa's writing. "The door is right before you go through it." She conveys the urgent certainty that there are no other adventures. She proclaims that you will never be the same, and if you are it is a disgrace to your soul.
If you need a book to get you off your spiritual backside and back to your search for the Beloved, this is your book. Go in the door to your soul and keep trekking until you reach the Beloved at your core. This book is a classic in several genres. Give it a look.

0 comments:

Post a Comment