A dichotomy of thought.....

The last few weeks have been interesting to say the least but then came "This week." On one hand I am reciting Charles Dickens "It was the best of times, It was the worst of times" and on the other hand I am singing "Standing on the promises of God."


I have tried for exactly one year to move back to Cumberland, my home, for several reasons. I have an aging parent there that is in good health physically but succumbing to the insidious dementia more and more on a daily basis. I also like the thought of having long-time friends and family look in on me every once in a while. This phase of my journey,here, has been lonely and isolated. I'm not complaining as it has served it's purpose-just sayin'. But the most important reason is that I believe God IS doing something great in Cumberland and it will only become more "brighter" as the darkness gets darker and I want to be part of the light there.


I came home this Monday to find a note from my landlady apologizing for the inconvenience but telling me she is moving out of the area, putting this house on the market and I will need to move by the end of the month. O.....K


But where-do I look for a place here or do I look for a place there? My job is here. Can I get a job there at my age. Then today I read a timely writing from John Ortburg about Revelations open door. And I remembered (duh) that every time I have made a move that I have prayed that prayer "Lord-if this be of you-Let that door remain open that no man can shut and if this is not of you-Let that door remain closed that no man can open." That prayer has never failed me. I must admit though, there has been a time or too that I have kicked the door open regardless of my prayer. Not a good thing.


Today I will see this closing as another door opening, I've said my prayer, I will refrain from kicking doors as I "test" the waters of the open door and see what God has in store for this old gal now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment