Open to the process.

     It always amazes me how my attitude affects my learning.  It shouldn't surprise me but it does. I am suspicious of overly marketed or hyped studies or books. I always question the author's intent when there are coffee cups, bookmarks, pens, framed art, and t-shirts to promote the book ostensibly about Jesus. Case in point, Power of a praying person series by Stormie Omartian.
     I worked in Christian retail when these books hit and wrote them off as another of a series of gimmicky books written to market pottery. Then my friend showed up on my door saying God called her to do "Power of a Praying Wife." And could I please do it with her. Sigh. Fine.
     I opened myself to the book and Stormie and was immediately struck. I got on my knees in prayer and God revealed another major idol I had. I was rebuilt in that moment. In a really good way.
     God calls us. When we open our hearts to His words, we allow Him to reach inside and change. It can be His Bible, a Bible study, a sermon, or word from a friend. However Jesus comes, we should open our hearts and listen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment