Taking Over The House, EEK!

    This week, Sarah is taking over the housework. I made a list of things she needs to do; daily, as needed, and weekly. I'm going to try not to remind her to do them. My first goal is to make her more responsible. The second goal is to prompt her to do things around the house without being asked to, in the future. That may all be wishful thinking, but its worth a shot.
    I see so many parents that don't give their kids any thing to do around the house. Honestly, Sarah didn't previously have many chores to do herself, in the past. Partly because she mentally could not grasp how to do some things, because of her neurological issues, and partly because it was easier for me to do it, then to fight with her about it. That has all changed more recently. Over the past few years, I have taught her everything she needs to know, to run a home properly. So, if I give her a task, it better be done. If she doesn't do the task, the most effective punishment for her, is not having screen time. Meaning, no TV, iPod, computer or electrical device of any sort. 
    God is like that with us. He will give us more difficult tests and things to accomplish as we become more like His son. The learning curve can be bothersome at times, but He is giving us a compliment. As if He is saying, "I trust you to properly handle this crisis, problem, or event, and learn from it". "I will work all things together for your good, Really"!
    So while Sarah makes breakfast, lunch and dinner. Cleans up after each meal. Washes, dries and puts away the laundry, gathers and takes out the trash, straightens, scrubs and vacuums the house, mows and weed-eats the lawn, does the dishes, buys the groceries and basically runs the house. I get to work in my garden, catch up on caning vegetables for winter, and get everything ready for her schooling. Now if only Paul will not take up her slack, AND we have a clean, well running home this week, that will be a miracle only God can accomplish. Only a few days left.

0 comments:

Post a Comment