Worn Out Things and Stitching

    Unless you live under a rock, you probably know that Father's Day is this coming Sunday. Every year I get Paul something, and every year he takes it back. He can't stand to let me spend money on him, weird. I went to one of my favorite stores and purchased shorts to replace his shorts that once again, have holes. Yes, he still wares those shorts after stitching them back together, to the best of his ability. I hate to sew, and have successfully obscured the fact that I am actually quite good at it. I have successfully avoided the purchase of three sewing machines. Two of which were returned because something was wrong with them, Praise God! The afore mentioned new shorts were on sale, yay me! I have figured out a plan, to ensure he will keep his gifts this year. We give Sarah an allowance. I am simply going to give her extra allowance this week & she can get daddy a gift, ha! Rather, she can give him the gifts I got, and we can say she got them with her allowance. It's fool proof......I hope.
    I wanted one thing for Mother's day. A new pair of comfy cotton sleep pants, because mine are hanging around my waist by a thread, literally. I could stitch them, but that's not likely to happen. I received a pair of dress pants and capris instead. I took back the horrible printed dress pants but the capris fit, and look nice. Still looking for said sleep ware. Perhaps I should have purchased two pair 15 years ago, when I bought the original ones. I guess I am as bad as Paul, when it comes to dawning worn out items.
    Thankfully, in Heaven, nothing will ware out, Ever. There will be no need to stich items back together. I will have successfully avoided said project for eternity. Now that's Heaven for me. Nothing will ware out, and there is no need to sew anything, Ever. Yes, Oh Yes!!! Until Heaven, I will have to employ my excellent avoidance tactics. I'm pathetic. I know this. However, I don't often have to stitch worn out things. Happy Father's Day to me too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment