Quiet Stillness

    My house is quiet and still at this moment. What do I do with that? To me, quiet is usually boring. However, there are times I long for it, like when I am trying to get something at work accomplished that requires my full attention, but my bosses wife has a need to fill the room with constant chatter, and the phone rings constantly. Heaven help me at those times. Other times I long for stillness because I am watching a movie and Sarah has a need to comment with hand gestures VERY LOUDLY, on almost everything. We rent or stream movies, so that we may back them up, and actually know what is going after said comments.
    This week, Sarah is at aunt Lynn & Grandma's home, enjoying time with cousins. I miss her but not so much that I don't enjoy eating, watching and doing what I want without having to compromise because, what I want is so lame to Sarah. I am having a fresh pare and green tea with cinnamon and coconut oil in it. Not farm fresh eggs with nitrite free bacon or fresh ground pork and coffee. I have ruined my child into liking coffee. She just reached over and grabbed my cup of coffee one morning, and took a big sip, then said, "I have to wake up some how mom!"
    Since Paul can't work because of his copious injuries, he watches TV till late then sleeps late. I would be useless at work, if I did that. However, today is my day off and I am enjoying quiet stillness, this morning. This brings to mind a verse that God imprinted upon my mind and He brings it to the forefront at times. "Be still, and know that I am God". As if to say, "Stop, be quiet, and don't do anything, God is in charge." At times it's tough to do that because we want to fix or do things ourselves, but we usually mess them up if we do them in our power and our own way. These are the times that quiet stillness, is necessary to put things into perspective. So, when we do have quiet stillness, just enjoy because it won't last forever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment