Reflection

    As one reflects upon life, most realize, that they have wasted time worrying, countless hours of fear. At times we worry about circumstances we could do nothing to change. That is simply pointless. As I reflect and read God's word, I see so many places that God tells us not to worry. Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. Jos 1:9 “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” 2 Ti 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
    Take a look in the book of Job, where Job said "The thing I feared has come upon me." Ah, didn't work out great, at first, for him. It was his own stupid fault because he gave Satan legal right to mess with him by fearing in the first place. You give Satan a chance to mess with you when you fear. What happens then, is that the enemy is kicking your butt with paralyzing fear and you are taking part in it. So stop it, right now I say! Yeah, I know. Easier said then done. It's a habit, a crutch, a thing that is a part of you. Then tell God about it. Ask His forgiveness for your arrogance in thinking that you can deal with what ever it is that is causing this worry or fear. Those verses up there are not polite suggestions, they are commands people! So do it! Stop wasting precious time giving the enemy exactly what he wants, which is to mess with you and steal your sound mind from you.
   The truth of God's word says that God gave you a sound mind, not the spirit of fear. If you do have a mind that is not currently sound, that is only a fact. Truth can overcome facts. The truth of God's word says to stop fearing, you have a sound mind, end of discussion. So take the word of God and bring fear to the throne of grace to obtain mercy in your time of need. Talk to God. He loves you and He's got this. After He deals with this issue, later as you reflect on your life, perhaps you won't see so much wasted time on worry and fear. May that reflection be a peaceful one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment