Messes

    Sarah loves to hear and tell stories of people in our family. She especially loves to hear about the stories of when she makes the biggest messes. Before we ever thought of having Sarah, we purchased and installed new, very light tan, almost white, carpet. What were we thinking, I don't know?
    When Sarah was capable of walking, or rather running almost every place instead, she would grab anything she could make a mark with. One day she found my red lipstick and decided to test it out. You guessed it, on our carpet. Livid doesn't even come close to describing my mood, when I walked into my living room to find red lipstick on about one forth of the rooms floor. I disciplined Sarah and took the lipstick away, then put her in her room. I found that when she made me the most upset it was best to get away from her for a little while as I calmed down.
    Thankfully the lipstick came out of the carpet and all was well. We can laugh about it now. However, I read a story on FaceBook that didn't end so well. A mother came into her bedroom finding her child had used paint on her new bedding. She beat the child into unconscious and her daughter died. Afterwards, she went to her room to find a message, "I love you mom," on the bed. When I read that I cried. I have an awful temper, and children with neurological problems can be particularly trying upon ones patients. As Sarah had ADHD, Autism & Asperger Syndrome earlier in life. I am so unbelievably thankful that God has pulled me away from her and into another room, at times, when Sarah has frustrated me the most in the past.
    She still infuriates me on occasion, now that she is a teenager, go figure! However, God is always there, dealing with the messes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment