Pain

   I came home from the dentist a few hours ago. She was suppose to look at my tooth that had been giving me problems, and take an x-ray. The x-ray showed that I had bone loss in the back. My tooth was also very loose. Therefore, she extracted the tooth. The looseness and bone loss was due to a huge cyst under the tooth. So large, in fact that, the dentist had never seen the like, and was surprised I didn't have much more pain. I drink ginger tea often. Fresh ginger root grated into water, with a bit of honey, is a wonderful overall health drink. It helps with pain & inflammation, along with other things. I told my dentist this, also that my doctors said I have a high threshold for pain. This is good, and bad. Pain tells us when something is wrong. It lets us know that our body needs help. It's Gods' way of helping us know when to change something. It will certainly get your attention, if it's severe enough.
    Although we do not like pain, it can be helpful. God has used pain in constructive ways to help His children. The Bible speaks of the Apostle Paul asking for a spirit that was buffeting him, to be removed, most likely some kind of physical pain. However, God said His grace was sufficient. Paul was the recipient of vast amounts of spiritual gifts. God was not about to allow him go down the road His most perfect angel, Lucifer, had gone down. Lucifer became prideful and sin was found in him. Therefore Lucifer was thrust out of the presence of God.
    Pain makes us cry out to our Heavenly Father and have communication we may not otherwise have had with Him. What is giving you pain? Have you ever thought that it could simply be God's way of getting you to change something that is harmful to you? May it be that God wants to communicate but you are too busy? My dad said many times, "When you are flat on your back, the only place you can look, is UP!" Perhaps looking up is all you need to do, to remove pain.

0 comments:

Post a Comment