Oh, the Inhumanity!

    Anyone who knows me, is well aware that my immediate family does not patronize fast food establishments, with few exceptions. Chic-Fil-A, Subway & Wendy's, because they have food choices that meet my, no MSG, High fructose, trans fat laden, GMO (Genetically Mortified Organism), standards. I feed my family healthy meals from scratch, most of the time. Lately however, I have been horribly bad. I have eaten the McDonalds double cheeseburger and small fries meal deal, because it's only $2.50, for like three days a week, for the last two weeks. Oh the inhumanity, the degradation, the nitrites, MSG, horrible GMO, crap laden........ deliciousness, that is fast food, Yum! I did drink my own filtered water from home, in a glass jar though.
    Sarah said today, "We do not go to fast food because it's bad, right mom"! I said, "Well yes, for the most part, except that I have bee eating McDonalds lately". She yelled, "Nooooo, the shame you have brought upon me, and horribleness of that creepy clown"! Then I said in a whisper, "they have forty nine cent ice-cream cones too." I didn't have any of those though. I just wanted to mess with Sarah. She screamed all the more with her hands to her ears, "NOOOOOO MOM, Dairy Queen is better!" I said, "Yeah, cause that's way healthier right? It just costs more, that's all!"
    Yes, the simple fact is that the food at most fast food establishments is not nutritious. In a similar way, some people try to make the Bible into fast food, and dine on the Genetically Mortified Organism of the world, then wonder why they aren't spiritually healthy. I have news, my body hates me the last few days, due to my horrible dining choices. Similarly, when we don't read the word, talk to Father God and forsake good Christian counsel, we become spiritually weak. Our inner spirit begins to starve and sometimes we don't even realize this, until something happens to draw our attention to the void. We are all guilty of being spiritually depleted at times. It's nothing that some prayer, quiet time with God and His word, won't cure though. May the inhumanity of a lack of good spiritual food subside, as we once again, dine on God's every word and I begin to juice fresh veggies and fruit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment