Smack!

I went onto Facebook this past weekend. I rarely do that because it's generally depressing and takes a bunch of my time away from other things. However, I saw something from someone that smacked me in the chest. Not literally, but I felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest after reading the post.
    Bad things happen in life to all of us. The constant things in my life have been God and the Bible. What happens when those things are in question? I have been there. It was simply Hell on earth. That is the only appropriate description I have to give for it.
    I grew up knowing that I could always pray to God, that His word was true and correct, and that He loved me. Things happened that turned that all upside down for me. I told God to go away and I didn't want to hear from Him any longer. This distance between us went on for six years. When I had a problem, I didn't pray or read the Bible. I couldn't because I no longer believed.
    I knew somewhere in my heart of hearts that God would not take my cousins wife away without a better plan for her. I had prayed that she would wake from her coma based upon the scriptures, "Come boldly to My throne of grace and obtain mercy in your time of need." "Ask and you Will receive that your joy may be full." I mean ya can't get any more plain then that. So why did God, who is all powerful and nothing happens without His approval, take her away from her family? I wasn't asking for something evil or bad. So I told God to go away. At the end of six horrible years of nothing, I finally said, "HELP"! "What ever you do to me has to be better then this!" "I don't want to come back, but I want, to want to come back, please help me!" I began a journey back to God. He showed me why He chose to take her to heaven rather then heal her. He showed me things I had not thought of. At the end He said, "Remember those six years without Me?" I said, "Yes"! He said, "I don't want you to ever forget them and I want you never to go back there again." I was like, no problem, I totally got it God!
    So when I see others having issues with God, religion, the Bible or anything surrounding Him, I get it. My heart breaks and I know what it's like. It just sucks! When others go through these things and it SMACKS you, pray! Be thankful that it isn't you, and tell them you love them. Sometimes just knowing they are loved is what they need right then.

0 comments:

Post a Comment