Have Mercy-by Paul Hansell

Many years ago my father was confronted with a situation that required a choice, a hard choice. This poem he wrote was his decision in the midst of the circumstance. Many times we/I must choose HIS way instead of our way as we no longer represent ourselves but Him and His kingdom!

Have mercy unto me he cried-I looked at him and grinned
How could I have mercy -When it's plain to see he'd sinned

Have mercy unto me he cried-I looked; in manner high and sultry
How can I have mercy-He's been taken in adultery

Have mercy unto me he cried-His breath was strong with drink
Have mercy on this drunken fool-Well I don't hardly think

Have mercy unto me she cried-I've sold myself that's true
Well I don't think the Lord and I-Could forgive a wretch like you

Have mercy unto me I cried-As before the Lord I fall
Jesus answered-How can I-When you've had none at all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment